Before you begin your application, please note:
- You will need to create a free Submittable account in order to submit an application.
- You can save a draft of your work if you would like to finish filling out the form at a later date.
- If anything changes with the information you submitted, please request to edit the submission.
- We will follow-up with you about your submission by email. Please be sure the email address you used to sign up for your Submittable account is one that you check regularly.
- You can view Submittable's Terms and Conditions for submitters and their GDPR Policy.
- Please reach out to Submittable's Customer Support team with any technical questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Interledger Foundation (ILF) believes that financial inclusion is a right, not a privilege and that financial systems should work for everyone, everywhere. We are stewards of the (Interledger Protocol or ILP), an open standard, built on the interconnectivity of the web to create an open payments network, making all systems and services interoperable, inclusive, and accessible.
We are building a community of creators and innovators to realize a future where how you earn or share money and where you live do not impact the financial services you can access. We recognize the critical role of artists in reflecting the voice of communities, excluded from systems that do not serve them.
Our ambition for global financial inclusion relies on visionary artists to imagine a future where it already exists. To inspire people to believe change is possible and activate change in old systems, with new thinking.
FUTURE|MONEY, the first open grant opportunity for 2023, seeks artists of any discipline to reimagine outdated financial systems that currently exclude 1.7 billion people from accessing essential services to make and receive payments. We ask artists to envision a world where financial systems were built to serve everyone, everywhere, always. Where borders aren’t barriers to supporting each other financially as well as emotionally. Where services aren’t built in silos and organizations are intentionally interoperable. All expressions of that future are welcomed
This grant opportunity will fund up to eight (8) projects at $25,000 USD for a eight months project timeline. The final results will be exhibited during the ILF Summit 2023; a travel stipend for the artist will be provided by the Interledger Foundation.
All proposals will need to articulate:
- Portfolio with samples of the applicant/artist's work done within the past six years.
- Design a brief on what the artists seek to achieve with this grant funding and how it aligns with the Interledger Foundation FUTURE|Money brief.
- A practical work plan outlining key milestones, timelines, and intended use of grant funds to bring the project to fruition.
We understand that artists need the ability to access unrestricted resources. These resources will allow artists to create or continue work, purchase supplies and equipment, pay for life, and elevate their careers. This simultaneously assists in raising their profile within the local and global communities interacting with their work.
Artists are the creators and curators of culture, bringing to life the expressions of community voices, ideas, and passions. The demographic of artists spans from the underrepresented and underfunded to the wealthy and always heard, impacting a myriad of social and political groups.
The deadline for submissions is Friday, March 24, 2023, at 11:59 (EST)
The Interledger Foundation, a nonprofit organization that advocates for web innovation with an emphasis on equity and inclusion through open payment standards and technologies, is seeking to provide funding specifically to Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) to pilot courses that will prepare students to be innovators in open payments technology that expands financial access and inclusion for people not served by current models. These courses will teach students about the issues in fintech but also support them to design and pitch projects that utilize the Interledger Protocol and related technologies.
The Interledger Foundation, therefore, invites Bowie State University to further collaborate on a program that will specifically advance the students while also accomplishing the goal of increasing innovation and creativity within the Interledger community and ecosystem.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Technology Ambassador for the Interledger ecosystem. We are excited to have you join our program team. Our work together will help expand, strengthen and diversify the technology stack for creating Open Payments APIs.
This application will represent your Scope of Work that will guide us during your six-month Ambassadorship. We know that aspects will change, but it is still good to be detailed, specific, and precise in this document. While key people have reviewed your draft before inviting this application, this is still an excellent time to make edits, take in feedback, and otherwise submit a final draft of your plan.